One Great George Street
We have recently been awarded Gold ECOsmart status which reflects the extensive measures we take to fully embrace environmental sustainability. ECOsmart is the accreditation programme of Greengage Solutions - recognising and supporting eco-friendly hotels and conferences venues that meet certified standards of sustainability.
In the run up to the summer of 2012, we worked with the Mayor of London to make the London Media Centre housed at our venue as sustainable as possible, in line with the wider ambition for London 2012 to be the most sustainable Games ever.
We understand the importance of protecting the environment and take our Corporate and Social Responsibility and Environment policy very seriously. We act when necessary to take environmental action by managing our resources efficiently. We also encourage and influence our clients and suppliers to adopt similar procedures.
One Great George Street has a 'green team' which meets regularly to monitor action plans and generate new ideas for introduction across the business.
- Recyclable disposables
- Sustainable meeting packages
- Sustainably sourced food & beverage choices
- Fair Trade products
- ISO 12121 compliant
- Electronic signage
- On-site water purification system
We consider the following when assessing the organisation’s environmental impact:
- The amount of electricity and gas usage.
- Water consumption and use. We have an on-site water purification system which has saved annually an estimated 60,000 bottles a year.
- Reduction and disposal of waste.
- Increased recycling.
- Food Legacy Pledge.
- Sustainable Fish City Pledge.
- Use of biodegradable cleaning products where possible.
- Procuring goods and services from suppliers with CSR policies in place.
- Encourage clients and visitors to use our environmental meetings package.
- Source where possible all food and drink by local and sustainable means.
- Regularly train and encourage staff to set an example and contribute to the environmental policies and practices throughout the business.
- Excellent public transport connections
- Fair trade products in use include coffee, tea, chocolate and sugar.